Tuesday, April 03, 2007

the singing cat

Listening to the recording I did with Foo Oon, Charles, Yin on Saturday. Foo Oon and Charles sound especially good. I’m only so so, some notes that I can’t manage are out of tune. It’s very disappointing. I’ll strive to be better the next time. The guys want to sing again this Saturday. Hopefully after a good few months my recordings can be perfect.

Problems encountered during recording and possible solutions:
1) speaker breaking (feedback) – to use falsetto and not strength to hit high notes
2) out of tune – don’t cheat on high notes. No wishy-washy singing
3) bad timbre – sing simply, without fancy embellishments

Good points
1) gotten the volume of background, voice, amt of echo right.
2) 80% of each song sang well, only 20% to fine tune.

Now I feel much better. Before blogging I wanted to give up on singing. Hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home