Sunday, March 18, 2007

cancer is a leering stalker

Aunt mentioned in her diary that cancer is a phantom that followed her wherever she went. Brief translation of one of her entry:

"Lying in bed late at night. Can't sleep so thought i'd write down my thoughts and feelings.

18 years ago, cancer first found me. It was unbelievable. Why me? Back then, oldest son was 8 and the baby was still 5 mths old in me. I told myself, i couldn't give up. I have to bring up the older one and the "Xiao Gua" is waiting to be born.

A few years passed, surviving on medication, until cancer found my other breast. Treatment ensued, chemo, injection, chemo, injection. A year ago, it moved to my chin. Cancer is like a phantom that followed me closely.

I ask myself, why me? Dao mei (unlucky)? Or did I do some 'Que De Shi' (immoral action) in my past life that demands i live this life as a pay back?...."

Past few days in Aus was spent in gladness at times and tearfulness at others. My meow did not stop me from grieving. Thanks meow.

Thinking back 7 years ago when i lost my dear dear cousin, I was hit even stronger then because it was so unexpected. I would walk down the street and for no reason be overwhelmed in sadness and start crying uncontrollably. My then useless boyfriend would get all disturbed and angry and say "You know, when you do that i don't know what to do." Duh. So glad to have found you, Meow. Thanks for the hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home