Tuesday, January 09, 2007

shoots

Did a corporate video shoot on Saturday. Product: resort style houses. Shoot location: wow.
The house they rented for shoot is huge. Swimming pool, koi pond (half the size of swimming pool), Jacuzzi in bedroom. Balinese style, furniture and lamps from Philippines. Wine cellar that looks like one from a real wine bar. Can’t describe the wowness. Thought it was a resort when I went in. The amount of details is beyond me. I won’t ever be able to make my house look like that.
Sunday, I did a shoot with MCorp at Penny Black as a waitress with an attitude problem. Loved it! Always had a thing for waitresses with apron won low on the hips and who walked around with little swaying hips and mean waists. Walked in front of the mirror until I got the swagger right. Heh heh.
What I had in mind to do wasn’t what ended up on film, as usual. Director had a different view of how I should portray my role so I did according to her interpretation. Afterall, she knows the mood and tempo of the whole show better. Overall, satisfied with what I did.
Miss those days when I can do main character roles. With main character roles, I can be normal human with normal/ reasonable expressions and feelings. I can do what they call “nei xin xi”. With character roles like what I do now and the limited screen time, I have to be more extreme in my portrayal of the person so that the audience can relate to the character type immediately.
Either way, it’s good training for me. The character roles are more colorful and build me up to be more versatile, the main roles trains me to be more aware of my feelings when I act.
Want to do some theatre acting soon as well. That part of me feels void. heehee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home