Saturday, December 16, 2006

family day

Today's a family day. 1st, i fetched my parent's from mom's dental appt at Wheelock's place, then we went to Bugis where dad bought his 5 kg worth of tidbits, then went to buy mattress for my bro, then to IKEA Tampines... then had a long long chat with my aunt on the phone over child upbringing... it's not easy.

Parking is free at IKEA Tampines but patience is required, and a good sense of humor. Actually, there's no lack of parking space, but movement is all jammed up due to exit area being very crowded so the exit queue snaked the whole carpark and prevents people from parking.

Badminton was terrible! 2 courts, 7 people, no rest at all! So tired after the 2nd game. i think i've improved a bit since i started in May. Reaction is better but not quite there yet. Sometimes anticipation is good but sometimes it causes me to run in a totally different direction. Concentration is important.

By the way, on topic of concentration, i realize that it plays a part in Mahjong as well. Sometimes if i'm waiting for cards, my mind will drift and i'll wait till the end of time and the card won't turn up. however, if i apply my mind on it, say... i think "2 wan, 2 wan, 2wan", my neighbour will indeed throw a 2 wan. Strange, but tried and proven. heh heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home