Monday, December 11, 2006

recommend teochew porridge

What a clumsy me ow.

I went for dinner alone at the Teochew porridge stall at Balestier road, (directly opp Jalan rama rama) last night. When the barley came, I absent mindedly picked it up and due to condensation gathering at the bottom of the glass, it stuck on the table a little and I ended up toppling the whole glass of barley on myself.

Applause for the waiters/waitresses at the shop though. Within seconds, 3 of them came with mop, cleaning cloth and a new pack of tissue for me. When I turned around, a new table has been set up for me with a new glass of barley. Feeling very touched already, I wanted to pay for the new glass of barley, but was refused with a smile.

Total price of dinner with drink $2.70 (1 veg, 1 meat + porridge) but with service that surpassed all the restaurants I’ve ever been. Sigh… It takes a clumsy meow to appreciate the nice people sometimes.

BTW, mom’s cardigan done. I’ve posted the picture in my selling blog http://knit-to-wearing.livejournal.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home