Thursday, January 24, 2008

shenton rambles

Working on Shenton Way as I do know, there arises a puzzler which bugs me everyday.

Years ago, when I was still an undergrad, looking rather silly with a bag pack and wearing T-shirts that are always 1 size too big, I walked along this street that my current building is situated. Out of the blue, a young chap ran up to me and asked if he could be my friend. Back then, it felt to me to be so natural. Guy see girl, guy wants to know girl, guy asks… (I said no.. but that’s not the point of my puzzler)

Today, everyday, I walk along the same street and every second, a dozen well-groomed, tall, pretty ladies strut past me in the full glamour of a confident working class girl… Puzzler begins – why did the chap approached a little nerd when he is surrounded by choices such as these? 2nd Puzzler – of the ½ year I’ve worked on this street, nobody has approached me, I haven’t seen anybody approaching anybody either.

Hmm.. Puzzling. Makes me wonder… could it be that in one of our past lives we knew each other and he was compelled to say hi?

There is this lady, my bro’s ex-classmates that me and bro always bump into when we go out together, no matter how obscure the place. Bro has never bumped into her on his own before. He said it must be because 3 of us had something going on in our past lives and so whenever 2 of us go out, she will turn up as well.

Hiak hiak hiak.. excuse me. I’m just trying to talk rubbish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home